Senior Backend Software Engineer
Who We Are
SearchNode is a fast-growing technology startup working to become the next SaaS unicorn. We are building a SaaS search platform for big eCommerce companies to help shoppers easily find relevant products. The platform is used by big eCommerce brands in Europe like MediaMarkt, KESKO Senukai, Decathlon, Castorama, Pigu Group, and others.
We are one of the hottest startups in the region with informal but professional culture, hard-working but keeping emotional-health priority, focused on delivering results, and then celebrating success.
Senior Backend Software Engineer role
- Join core product team responsible for building and maintaining SearchNode search and analytics engine.
- Work on the performance and scalability of a search engine that is handling tens of millions of search queries every day and make it handle much more.
- Design technical architecture of new services.
- Build new features and products.
- Work with Python, TypeScript, Scala, Solr, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, and other technologies.
- Improve our development processes.
We expect you to:
- Have strong knowledge of at least one of these languages: Python, TypeScript, or Scala.
- Have experience in designing high traffic, scalable systems.
- Be willing to work in a small team with high autonomy and responsibility.
- Be able to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Want to learn new tools and technologies.
Nice to have experience with:
- Machine learning, natural language processing.
- Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene.
- Functional programming.
- CI/CD workflows.
- Work with a very talented and ambitious team.
- State-of-the-art product with great demand.
- Openness to new tools and technologies.
- Gross monthly pay €4000 – €7000.
- Unlimited career growth opportunities (when company grows fast, you will have a chance to hold the top management positions).